We are excited that you have an appointment coming up with us at Mint Health ! We wanted to take a moment to assure that you understand how our practice works, as it is unique from other medical practices that you may have visited.
Mint Health has two separate components or “parts” and it is very important that you are scheduled for the right type of appointment so that you achieve your goals and get from us what you are looking for!
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we see Obstetric and Gynecologic appointments. In these appointments we evaluate and treat typical Ob/Gyn concerns and are able to order blood work, prescribe appropriate medications, and share documents on nutrition and lifestyle changes (if you request this). The average time that most doctors spend with patients in a visit is about 8 minutes (sad but unfortunately true, due to the way our insurance industries work, very frustrating for both doctors and patients alike!)
On Mondays and Wednesdays, we see Functional Wellness appointments.
We have longer appointment slots (usually about 30 minutes), and work on symptoms and health issues from a “root cause” approach, which is much more effective ! (Click here
for our success stories!) Instead of being trapped by the “pill for every ill” ways of the conventional medical system, we can take a comprehensive approach to helping you feel your best. We utilize specialty testing that identifies issues missed by regular blood labs and spend much more time with you to put all the pieces of the puzzle together. We help you take the actions you really need to (instead of just a pill!).
Health concerns and symptoms that are best served by this approach include:
- Preconception (Before Pregnancy!) Preparation – 1 in 2 kids today has a chronic health condition, and these things start in the womb-yikes! But you can change this!
- Female Disorders (PMS, PMDD, PCOS, Endometriosis, Menopause, Infertility, Libido) – when our conventional treatments of birth control pills, hormone prescriptions, and anti-depressants aren’t fixing it for you!
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (IBS/IBD/Reflux/Bloating) – these things can actually GO AWAY!
- Hormone Balance – hormones get messed up for A REASON! Rather than just take a hormone prescription, better to find the reason!
- Thyroid and Adrenal Disorders – often poorly addressed by the conventional endocrinology approach, and we are left on a prescription but still feeling crummy.
- Migraines/Headaches, Anxiety/Depression, Insomnia, Fatigue – many surprising root causes exist here, which is why so many people fail when only using conventional prescriptions!
- Healthy Weight and Metabolism (including diabetes and pre-diabetes) – it’s not just diet and exercise . . .
- Asthma, Allergy, Environmental and Food Allergies
- Autoimmune Disorders – if your immune system is attacking your own body, you need to know WHY.
- Dermatological conditions (Acne, Eczema/Psoriasis, Rosacea) – hint: these don’t start on the skin.
- Healthy Aging and Cancer Prevention -Current lifetime cancer risk is about 50% but you can reduce this! AND feel great along the way 🙂
If you are excited about the Functional Wellness approach at Mint Health, visit our website to learn more here
and then “ Get Started
For even more information about this cutting-edge approach to meaningful wellness, and how we as Functional Medicine practitioners help people where the conventional system fails, visit https://www.ifm.org/
If you are scheduled to see us on a Tuesday or Thursday, but feel you are really looking for what we do in Functional Wellness on Monday and Wednesday, please contact us right away to schedule the appointment for the kind of approach you really want!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Maple Sage Chicken Sausage
2 lbs ground organic chicken
3 tbsp Grade B Maple Syrup
3 tbsp minced fresh sage
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Add ground chicken to large mixing bowl. Add maple syrup.
Stir until well mixed. Add sage, salt, pepper, and garlic. Mix well.
Spoon 2 inch by 2 inch balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Press into patties. Bake for 20 minutes.
Or you can also cook in a pan on range top.