Replacing processed food “products” with real wholesome foods and drinks can be transformative to our health. My suggestions below are all things that have self-evolved in my house as we have worked on clean nutrition as a priority. Counting calories, dieting, counting carbs/protein, any counting really, can be oppressive. Eating delicious, nutritious, clean food is not!
1) Instead of fruit juice, try whole fruit and veggies in the blender (a Vitamix is worth its weight in gold), Kombucha (a good fizzy alternative to soda), lemon water, coconut water (not the sweetened kind).
2) Instead of “Whole grain” bread or any packaged food with this label – try sprouted grain bread/tortillas, coconut/millet flour, actual real whole grains (millet, quinoa, buckwheat, amaranth, wild rice, to name a few.)
3) Instead of canola oil, use coconut oil, olive oil or grass fed butter or ghee.
4) Instead of peanut butter, switch to almond butter (with the only ingredient of almonds). You’ll be surprised at how fast your family likes this so much better!
5) Instead of store bought granola, try homemade granola or raw nuts, dried fruit, seeds.
6) Instead of sweeteners, try raw honey, dates, and training your taste buds not to need too much sweet. Remember, sweeteners can be connected to weight gain because they negatively affect our intestinal bacterial balance, which is integral to how we process energy.
Much of this boils down to developing and maintaining a toxin free, chemical free, nutrient dense nutrition plan that will help you feel better, look your best, keep your intestinal bacteria in optimal balance, and keep you from having to count and measure what you eat and drink.
6 Metabolism Death Foods